Thursday, September 1, 2011

Photo of the Day - Out Of The Focus Range

Out Of The Focus Range by HaarFager
Out Of The Focus Range, a photo by HaarFager on Flickr.
Via Flickr:
This is my sister, photographed with a Kodak Brownie Hawkeye Flash in October, 1977. It was taken at the same time as the photo right before this one in my stream.

As you can see, the Brownie Hawkeye Flash is not good at getting subjects real close to the camera in sharp focus. The leaves and highline wires in the background are fairly sharp, so it wasn't camera motion that blurred her face. I've been getting some tips from people who have flipped, or reversed the position, of their lens and they report distances of around 2 feet from the camera turn out very crisp in focus. I've got one of my Brownie Hawkeyes with a flipped lens and will try it to see what results I can get with it. Hopefully, the subjects I shoot close to the camera will turn out much sharper than this. I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment