Monday, September 10, 2012

Illustration Monday!!!

I don't know what it is, but illustration is what's catching my eye on this chilly Monday morning. Today I have not one, not two, but three very different illustrators for you to take a gander at while you avoid your new week's work. While different in style and approach I think it's interesting to see how each of these illustrator's handle typography in a unique way.

First up is Mr. A Hayes. His work is so playful, colorful, and fun. I would describe it as very detailed style while at the same time remaining loose and sketchy with a hint of extraordinary typography and design. There is always plenty to look at when you view one of his works. No wonder he has done work for names like Nike and Absolut.



Next we have a "Typeface" designed by Julien Poisson. I don't necessarily love it for type; however, I do think it's a brilliant idea and I absolutely adore the quality and personality behind each of the characters. I'm always drawn to that vintage quality when it is done well.



Last but not least we have the elegant design from Jing Zhang. He has taken typography to the next level by creating architecture from letters. I really appreciate his use of texture in his work. It helps to bring the main elements forward while also giving them an almost realistic feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment