Friday, April 26, 2013

Vincent Glielmi

I was recently turned onto the work of photographer Vincent Glielmi.  His body of work, attraction to odd and simple things, and overall framing and composition reminded me a lot of how I take pictures.  I especially loved his Midwest Landscapes series (being from the Midwest I can confirm this is what it generally looks like)  and his Comicon series.  My girlfriend once had a photography assignment at a similar convention and it was a blast.  With his quirky sense of humor and wide framing, Vincent managed to capture the spirit and pride of these convention goers with intimate portraits while also sneaking those in between, out of context moments that put conventions of this sort into perspective.

Midwest Landscapes






The Con






No comments:

Post a Comment