Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Two Great Music Videos - One Animated and One Filmed

I must say that a good music video has always been something I appreciate.  It probably dates back to when I first saw Thriller, or any of Michael Jackson videos for that matter: Bad, Smooth Criminal, etc. Throughout my childhood I continued to watch and treasure good music videos.  I spent my weekdays after school watching MTV's top 10 countdown.  In college I began falling in love with Michel Gondry's work.  Now, in this day and age, finding a good music video, for me personally, is a lot harder.  MTV rarely plays music anymore, and most big name artists do big budget videos that don't really seem to have any rhyme or reason to them.  However, with the internet and Youtube booming, indie bands have gotten a stronger voice. Thus the dawn of a whole new age of amazing indie music videos is upon us.

Below are two very different examples I came across recently that I enjoy.  The first video for C2C's song Delta was created by the masterful animators at CRCR.  The second is for Hanni El Khatib's song Penny and was created by Simon Cahn and Isaac Bauman.



No comments:

Post a Comment