Friday, October 24, 2014

Cutting Room Floor Update #3 - Backgrounds and Animation

In this update I'll be showing you some of the backgrounds I have been working on along with some of the beginning stages of animation. I've been moving slower than I'd like lately and that's mostly because background creation isn't my favorite thing to do, nor is it really what I'm best at. Regardless, I've gotten most of the main backgrounds completed at this point, at least enough to start animating with. Below are some examples of how I have larger scenes that I can cut into.







I'm excited to say that I'm starting to piece the animation together now after so much time.  That meant remaking the intro I had made so long ago.  I was excited to do this for a few reasons, one being that I'm now animating my characters using the AE plugin, Duik.  This makes the animation process a hell of a lot easier for me, and also gives me better final results.  Below are the two versions; the top one is my older version and the second is my updated version.  As you can see the characters have a little more individual personality to their run cycles and they are a little less floppy (aside from Slim of course). Anyways that's it for now, stay tuned for more updates.





No comments:

Post a Comment