Tuesday, May 1, 2012

5 Second Project - Nothing But Cubes

Grey Scale Gorilla has recently come out with a new 5 Second Project under the theme "Nothing But Cubes." Knowing GSG's heavy Cinema 4D influence and following my immediate thought was that there was no room for me to participate in this round.  I figured I would need to use Cinema 4D to create anything that used cubes. Then, while sitting at my desk yesterday it hit me.  Ice cubes! There is more than one way to reference a cube and there is more than one way to animate a cube.  With my hopes rising I went into action and created this image in Adobe Illustrator.



Then, with all my layers separated, I brought the AI file into After Effects and animated it to completion.  I'm pretty sure it's one of the only pieces in the competition that hasn't used Cinema 4D with a cube exploding, and for that I'm proud.


Nothing But Cubes from Chris Koelsch on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment