Monday, January 20, 2014

The Bun House Gang: Cutting Room Floor - Update 1

Hello all!  Seeing as how The Bun House Gang: Cutting Room Floor animation is going to be a constant work in progress for me over the next year, I figured it made the most sense, both for me and my audience, to give updates as frequently as possible. This way everyone can see all the work that goes in to something like this and hopefully interacting with fans will give me a little extra boost to keep working when I'm getting in a slump.

I've made a few updates before, showing you the characters I've created.  I now have the full Bun House crew assembled (see below).


My next step in the process was to take these characters into After Effects and get them rigged up and ready for animation.  Seeing as how Cutting Room Floor is going to be heavily based on old Scooby-Doo episodes, it only made sense to copy their iconic title screen.  So below you can see breakdowns of each character's run cycle, and then the final product at the bottom.  Remember to stay tuned for more updates in the future.







2 comments:

  1. Ehy Chris, very nice character and cycles, is this going to turn into a serie? Great work!
    Why have you choosen to make the shadows get smaller as the character get far from the ground? Shouldn't it be the opposite?

    Keep up the great work!
    Federico

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey man, thanks for the comment! This art style is based off of my Mean Mug 'n Slim series (http://www.thisnthatandsomeshirts.com/p/blog-page.html). But this particular piece is going to be a longer animation I'll be working on over the next few months. And you're probably right about the shadows, I don't really have an explanation for that haha

      Delete