Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Indie Game: The Movie

 So I finally watched this documentary yesterday and I feel that after sleeping on it for a night I finally know why I loved it so much.  Technically it's shot very well, the story is engaging, but what's keeping me thinking about it is the fact that it captures this raw creative spirit.  These indie game developers pour their hearts and souls into the games they develop for months upon months, all to release the game on a single day for the world to consume, love, or hate.  A truly daunting and scary experience for anyone.  It was this powerful emotion that really came across in the film and made me inspired to pursue more. I highly suggest buying and watching it here. Not to mention the whole movie was created by two people, James Swirsky and Lisanne Pajot, who did all the producing, directing, cinematography, editing, and writing for the feature film.

No comments:

Post a Comment