Monday, February 11, 2013

To This Day Segment 21

Not long ago I stumbled across the To This Day Project. A spoken word poem written by Shane Koyczan on the topic of school bullying was to be split into 20 second segments and given to various animators. It was then up to them to create something meaningful that would be shown at different schools around the country. I knew I wanted to be apart of something so powerful and collaborative, so I signed up immediately. I was given Segment 21, which I soon found out was the second to last segment of the poem. I recently finished my animation and you can view it below. I went in a bit different direction than my initial storyboards (mostly in style choices), but for the most part I held close to what I envisioned. I wanted to do something a bit different for me stylistically and tried to use this opportunity as a way of experimenting with a few new things. I will be sure to post the full video when it comes out so keep your eyes peeled.

No comments:

Post a Comment