Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Meet the Engineer Preserving The Last Analog Motion Graphics Machine

History lesson for all you animators out there. Do you know where the term "plug-in" came from? I'll be honest that I had never really thought about it until I watched this video. I'm also posting this video because I believe the work this man is making is pretty prevalent today even though the tools he is using are decades old. It makes me think of shows like Stranger Things. That intro is so iconic today yet it obviously takes all of it's cues from analogue motion graphics of the past. I'm just always surprised at how styles seems to go in a loop and how certain things can really never be replaced.

1 comment:

  1. Great post however , I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this subject? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Bless you! rose gold

    ReplyDelete