Monday, January 28, 2013

MeanMug Loves Guns Episode 5 - Storyboard

Without trying to give too much away I am going to start showing more of my process as I create each new animation. Riding high on the energy from the 4th episode of MeanMug Loves Guns, I decided to storyboard the 5th episode. Normally I come up with a funny idea while driving to work and then just start to build it from my brain. However, I wouldn't recommend this way of working to anyone as it often leaves me with many gaps in the story that I have to come up with later while in the moment. To avoid this and make the process a little less "fly by the seat of my pants" I'm going to start story boarding every episode so that I know where it's going before I start building assets. This is more necessary now because of the longer, more complicated episodes that I'm trying to produce. Hopefully the upfront work will make the production phase faster as well. As you can see I don't spend a great deal of time on my storyboards, but I figure, why waste the time on complicated drawings when I just want the big picture. When you see the final piece you can come back to this and see how closely I stayed to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment