Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Saudi Aramco

Well it's happening. These icon driven infographic animations are becoming more and more commonplace in the work environment. Clients are asking for them at a higher frequency and more animators are creating them. This trend has lead to Sebas & Clim creating over 100 animated icons to illustrate more than 50 interviews they were given. That leads me to believe that in a short matter of time websites like iStock will be chock full of these things. Now I want to be clear that I not only think these icons are well designed and animated, but are a great source of inspiration. However, it scares me a little to think that something I do so often in my professional work could be replaced by stock art. This means in the future I have to do a better job of taking these fact heavy scripts I get from clients and transforming them into a story that flows seamlessly from beginning to end, while taking the viewer on the same journey. A journey that is less about stating the facts and more about the viewer coming to their own conclusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment